The Office was established in the Cabinet Office to promote collaboration among the relevant Ministries to deal with the measures listed in the Program on the Policy on Death Investigation.
The Program on the Policy on Death Investigation
- The Council, on the basis of The Act on Promotion of Policy about Death Investigation, has created the draft of the Program.
- The cabinet has decided on The Program on the Policy on Death Investigation at June 2014.
Basic View to enact The Program
Course and background
- Increase in fatalities from the progress of aging population, etc.
- Prevention of crime overlooked
- Importance of preparing for the structure of identification of corpses
Need to promote comprehensive and systematic measures for death investigation and identification of corpses
Effect of enacting The Program (Effect on death investigation and identification of corpses)
- To be recognized as important public interest.
- To improve structure.
- To improve stuff.
Immediate priority measures <Key points>
- To prepare specialized, nationwide facilities for the investigation of death cause.
- To prepare the bases of education and research.
- To improve staff of police authorities, doctors, and dentists.
- To improve structure of police authorities.
- To improve structure for autopsies.
- To utilize scientific methods for the investigation of death cause.
- To utilize scientific methods for the identification of corpses.
To prepare the database for the identification of corpses.
- To utilize information earned from death investigation and to promote the account of information earned from death investigation to the bereaved.
The promotion of the formation
- To establish the promotion of national and local formation, for example, Local council.
- To secure cooperator including universities, hospitals.
- To verify and review measures, if necessary.