About Moonshot Goals
To realize “Human Well-being”, nine Moonshot goals (MS goals) were decided in the area of society, environment, and economics.
- Society：Turning the aging society into the innovative and sustainable society by harnessing diversity through techno-social transformation.
- Environment：Recovery for global environment and growth of civilization
- Economics：Exploring frontiers with science and technology
- MS goals were decided at:
- Goals 1-6 : Council for Science, Technology and Innovation. (Jan.23, 2020)
- Goal 7 : Headquarters for Healthcare Policy. (July.14, 2020)
- Goal 8 and 9：Council for Science, Technology and Innovation. (Sep.28, 2021)
Introduction of each goal
Realization of a society in which human beings can be free from limitations of body, brain, space, and time by 2050.
Realization of ultra-early disease prediction and intervention by 2050.
Realization of AI robots that autonomously learn, adapt to their environment, evolve in intelligence and act alongside human beings, by 2050.
Realization of sustainable resource circulation to recover the global environment by 2050.
Creation of the industry that enables sustainable global food supply by exploiting unused biological resources by 2050.
Realization of a fault-tolerant universal quantum computer that will revolutionize economy, industry, and security by 2050.
Realization of sustainable care systems to overcome major diseases by 2040, for enjoying one’s life with relief and release from health concerns until 100 years old.
Realization of a society safe from the threat of extreme winds and rains by controlling and modifying the weather by 2050.
Realization of a mentally healthy and dynamic society by increasing peace of mind and vitality by 2050.
- View all goals in PDF file ↓
- Moonshot R&D Brochure.